Let me guess: you’ve finally joined an airdrop and received free tokens into your crypto wallet. Feels good, right? But, now you ask yourself what exactly can you do with these new tokens? Should you just let them lay in your wallet? Or do something else?
I’m so glad you’ve asked. There are two things you can do with the tokens you receive from airdrops:
- You can either hodl them, hoping and waiting that they’ll increase in price, or
- Sell them
If you decide on the first option, great, good luck with that. However, if you want to sell your coins, the question that pops up is where you can actually do that?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to do the research, we already did that for you. So, you have three options of where you can sell your tokens. Let’s find out more about them.
Sell airdrops on EtherDelta
EtherDelta is one of most popular decentralized exchanges in the cryptocurrency space.
This means that the tokens you’ve received will probably be listed there, even in the beginning.
Here is a step-by step guide how to sell tokens there:
- Create a wallet on EtherDelta. Go to the right corner, and click ”New account”. There you’ll see information about your public and private keys.
- Send some Ethereum from your wallet to your EtherDelta public address.
- At the drop-down menu, choose the token you want to sell. You can choose the token you’ve received from an airdrop.
- Transfer the tokens to EtherDelta smart contract.
- Then, go to the ”New order” section, and fill up the order by writing how many you want to sell, at what price, and the total ETH that you will receive.
- When your tokens are sold, withdraw the funds to your EtherDelta wallet, and then to your personal crypto wallet.
That’s it. Now, let’s take a look at the other options you have.
Selling tokens through a crypto exchange
This one is easy. Most of the airdrops get listed on big centralized crypto exchanges. And here is how you can sell them there:
- Visit CoinMarketCap
- In the upper-right corner find the search bar, and type the name of your token
- Now you can see information about it, including the list of the exchanges where you can sell it.
- If you have an account on one of these exchanges, great, just go ahead and sell it.
- If not, pick the exchange, create an account, and sell the tokens.
It’s not that hard, right? And let’s check out one more way to sell your free airdrops.
Use Airdrop Alert
Recently, Airdrop Alert added the DDEX exchange to their dashboard, so their users can sell/buy airdrops without leaving the platform. Cool, don’t you think?
Here you can read a guide on how to use the dashboard and exchange for selling tokens.
There you go, three options you have to sell tokens you’ve received from an airdrop. As you can see, it’s not such a big deal. In fact, it’s quite easy.
Now it’s your turn for writing. Tell us which of these three ways you prefer, and why?